• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House Painting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jarhed81

What is the name of your state? Calif

Hired a contractor to paint house. Signed contract for 6400. Sales pitch said they were professional, would repair all damage to stucco, fill nail holes, put two coats where required and clean up. Paid 600 deposit, then 2000 on first day of job. Down hill from there. Had to follow them around to get things done. They didn't fill cracks, they missed spots all over, they dumped paint down my fruit trees (water hole), they got paint all over the sidewalks, they cracked shingles with their later, got overspray everywhere, original paint on trim bled through new coat, front door has runs and missed spots, and they left without finishing when I told them I wasn't signing their contract saying I was satisified with the job. I'm not going to pay them the balance, what should I do to protect myself? I took lots of pictures.

JETX

"what should I do to protect myself? I took lots of pictures."
*** Keep your copy of the estimate, contract, photos and any other documents in a safe place (preferably two copies - one off-site). You might also try to get a written opinion of the quality of their work from a 'professional' qualified painter and keep that also.

At this point, the contractor can do two things to you..... file a lien and/or file a lawsuit. Your anticipation and preparation of a defense is your best protection.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">