• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House Sitting Fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drowe

Massachusetts

My daughter recently took a housesitting/dogsitting job for 10 days. The agreemment was for $300. It has been a week since the family returned. I called for my daughter today at 9:00 AM to ask the family about payment and was there a problem. One of the children took the message, but there was no return call. Tonight my daughter called again to ask the family herself. She left voice mail and asked the same question. What recourse does she have in this situation? Can this be handled by small claims court if the owner continues to ignore her calls?

Last edited:

JETX

"What recourse does she have in this situation?"
*** I would first send a very nice 'perhaps you overlooked this payment' letter detailing the agreement (dates, amounts, etc.) and politely ask for payment within the next ___ days.

"Can this be handled by small claims court if the owner continues to ignore her calls?"
*** If they do not respond to the above referenced letter, then she should certainly consider a small claims action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">