• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can you find lien holder?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Laural0717

What is the name of your state? TX

My brother bought a car from a person who said they lost the title work. My brother said no problem (thinking it wasn't). The saler was not being truthful. He didn't have the title work. He owed for the car still. My brother found this out and found the original debt holder. The original debt owner is no longer in business. My brother wants to know who the debtholder with the title work is now. How can he do this? The saler is no longer (obviously) making payments on the car.

justalayman

bro needs to give up on the leinholder and return the car and sue the seller for any moneys bro has given seller.

seller did not have the legal right to sell the car due to the fact he did not have a clear title.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">