• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to collect?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

electro1793

What is the name of your state?NC
I help a friend to turn his book into an electronic version. We had a verbel agreement that he would pay me so much an hour. He has payed me 29.5 hrs and documented on the check 29.5 hr at *** per hr for computer help, I spent 165 hrs on the project, and now that the project is complete he says that he will not pay me anything else. The book is on the internet for sale now. The work I did was done on my computer. I have documented the time spent on the project, and the files on my computer have saved dates to back up my claim for the hrs spent on this project.

#1. Can I place a lein against the revanue of the book with the company hosting the book.
#2. Is a verbel agreement like this legaly binding.
#3. What else can I do to collect this money.
#4. Do I have any Copywrites to this book.

JETX

"Can I place a lein against the revanue of the book with the company hosting the book."
*** Not wihout you have having a court ordered judgment.

"Is a verbel agreement like this legaly binding."
*** A verbal agreement can be binding. Whether one 'like this' would be, depends on the agreement.

"What else can I do to collect this money."
*** Options, send Vito to visit, or file a lawsuit.

"Do I have any Copywrites to this book."
*** Based solely on your post, no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">