• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I fire my lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dgie33

I am at my wits end! Help!

i am a texas resident. i have been in a divorce modifing case involving my child for 5 months. i paid the full amount of this case up front at the beginning of retaining him/her. i feel that my attorney is dragging his/her heels and not doing all she/he can to speed it up. i am waiting for a raise in child support amongst other things. i have had two different mediation dates changed due to the opposing parties. my ex refuses to do his discoveries and my attorney won't demand them from his lawyer. my lawyer will not return my calls and will not press the opposing attorney to finalize this case. my ex is not paying his attorney therefore,his attorney isn't in any hurry either. my ex is probably going to lose his job for the airlines also, making this whole case a waste of time. if it was pressed harder in the beginning i would not be out all the past 7 months child support. i think my attorney should press this a little harder as 7 months is way to long to have not seen any bit of anything done to this case. what can/should i do to resolve this problem? She now has informed me that all of my retainer is used up and wishes to withdraw from my case. She has done nothing with my case but show up at court for initial cort date set but the opposing attorney, speak to the judge in his office and filed a counter motion for my modifications. Can I seek advice on what to do about this and can his attorney drag me into court knowing I have lost my representation and force me to lose my case?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">