• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get my money back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tashtash

What is the name of your state? connecticut

In November, a credit card company called me telling me that for me to get a credit card I had to send them $221.00. Due to the fact that they also told me that I was turned down by the real credit card company, I gave them access to my account. I called them back to find out what that money was really for and I asked them for a refund. I did all they asked me to. Every time I call they give me the run around telling me my money has been sent but nothing ever comes. All I needed was credit for something else.

Please help.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

tashtash said:
What is the name of your state? connecticut

In November, a credit card company called me telling me that for me to get a credit card I had to send them $221.00. Due to the fact that they also told me that I was turned down by the real credit card company, I gave them access to my account. I called them back to find out what that money was really for and I asked them for a refund. I did all they asked me to. Every time I call they give me the run around telling me my money has been sent but nothing ever comes. All I needed was credit for something else.

Please help.

**A: sounds like a scam to me.

JETX

'Scam alert' is going off full blast!!
Unless this is a very well known creditor (and maybe even if it is), you may be a victim of a scam.

1) Contact your bank immediately and put a stop to any and all 'auto-debits'. This company could be attacking your account as we speak.
2) Try to contact the company that 'sold' you on this (what I assume to be) 'secured credit card'. Do it in writing (fax or certified RRR mail). Demand a full refund or your secured card IMMEDIATELY!
3) Also, I suggest you get copies of your credit history to see what other (if any) actions these folks might have done 'on your behalf'.

T

tashtash

wow

I am going to have my bank change my account number tomorrow.

They haven't with drawn any money since but better to be safe then sorry again. Ever since this occurrance i watch my bank statements every day or every other day. I guess that was indeed a scam because I didnt' even get a credit card. opp well.

i have heard of scams over the net but by phone wow...

Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. I don't even waste time anwsering the phone anymore i just hang up on their customer service reps.... tsk

Thanks you guys...

Last edited:
T

tashtash

I have another question

This is the company that scammed me

Freedom Resource 10225 Rose Creek Dr.
Woodstock Georgia
U.S.A.
Phone:
678-239-0139

If I brought this small claims court would they be able to do anything?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">