• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get out of a landscape contract and get back deposit? Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crc573

On 7 January 2015 I signed a contract and put down a 50% deposit ($4175.00) for a Virginia landscaper. One of the verbal stipulations I had for the work was that it would be completed before deployed overseas. In the contract it states "50% down payment required. Remainder due upon satisfactory completion. All deposits are non-refundable." It also says "Estimated start date is a minimum of 10 weeks from initial payment date. Factors such as inclement weather, natural disasters, Act of God, material availability and change orders on current projects could impact start dates by delaying or moving up the projected start time(s). We will inform and update you on any and all changes that affect start date if and when they occur." I have lost confidence in this company and want to get out of the contract with full reimbursement. I have lost confidence because to date, 5 May 2015, I have called no less than 30 times without a single call back, email or update. I have been told countless times I would receive a call from ether the scheduler or owner and have yet to receive one. I was not given a start date until I asked to get out of the contract and the date given is after I leave the country. I was told, again, that the owner would call me no later than tomorrow, 6 May 2015, morning to discuss this. No work has been done and no one has been out to the property since the initial consultation on 17 December 2014. How do I get out of the contract and get my money back?!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">