• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to find out if party being sued has paid.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soldier1

I am from the state of South Carolina.

I need help or information regarding my case. I have a lawsuit against my former bank( credit union). It seems for a period of three to four years, someone employed by them, was taking funds out of my account and double charging on a loan that I co-signed for on my daughter's automobile loan. This finally caused me to file bankruptcy about 2 years ago.
They settled out of court in February of this year. They were to pay me a substantial amount plus pay off the balance of my home loan. Now I have found that my house will be up for a court ordered sale on July 5th. They have continually promised to pay up to this point, but as of now , they have not done so.

About a month or so ago, my lawyer requested that the credit union's assets be frozen. He said this was granted and once again, they did not pay. My suspicion is that my lawyer has all ready been paid by them. We were in contact on almost a daily basis until the time stipulated for the credit union to pay had come. Now, he seems to be avoiding me and my phone calls are not being returned.

Is there a way for me to confirm one way or another, as to whether the credit union has paid or not?

I would appreciate any guidance or help that anyone may be able to render.

Thank you.

Last edited:

dallas702

Are you thinking that the CU paid the entire amount to your lawyer and he has that money? That would be a criminal conversion of those funds, and he would be risking his license and jail. Go to his office and see him personally.

I'd be more worried about those other debts getting paid. Something really sounds amiss, though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">