• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How many days to cancel a new car contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ineed2knowalso

I live in Illinois and purchased a new car. Someone I know just told me that I'm paying too much, basically the dealership is ripping me off :mad: , and that I should cancel the contract and then he'll go with me to negotiate it. I need to know how many days I have to cancel it, and where can i find it in writing. I don't find it anywhere in the contract, and I know the dealership won't tell me this information. Can anyone help??? :eek:

You Are Guilty

Ineed2knowalso said:
I live in Illinois and purchased a new car. Someone I know just told me that I'm paying too much, basically the dealership is ripping me off :mad: , and that I should cancel the contract and then he'll go with me to negotiate it. I need to know how many days I have to cancel it, and where can i find it in writing. I don't find it anywhere in the contract, and I know the dealership won't tell me this information. Can anyone help??? :eek:
In the absence of any contrary terms within the contract itself, you have exactly 0 days and 0 minutes to cancel the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">