• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much can I sue a DJ vendor in smalls claims court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mdeputy79

What is the most that I can sue a vendor? I signed a contract with a vendor to Dj my wedding on the 22nd of the month. I gave him a deposit of $100.00. He sent an email cancelling 16 days until my wedding. No details or apology. He then explained I would not get my money until 30 business days. Contract that we signed states if they cancelled we get all money refund by months end. It has been 2 months and still no refund from this vendor. I would like to take him to small claims court.

quincy

What is the most that I can sue a vendor? I signed a contract with a vendor to Dj my wedding on the 22nd of the month. I gave him a deposit of $100.00. He sent an email cancelling 16 days until my wedding. No details or apology. He then explained I would not get my money until 30 business days. Contract that we signed states if they cancelled we get all money refund by months end. It has been 2 months and still no refund from this vendor. I would like to take him to small claims court.
First, you did not provide the name of your state and state names are requested of all posters to this site.

Second, it is impossible to say for how much you can sue the vendor. It depends on the exact wording of the contract you signed with the vendor. It appears, however, that you are entitled to at least the $100 and potentially any extra costs incurred by you that relate to the cancellation.

quincy

Sorry Florida is my state. I am now having to take time off of work to file and go to court.
You will have to balance the costs of filing suit to recover the $100 against the losses you suffered as a result of the late cancellation but you are not, unfortunately, going to be reimbursed for the cost to you of missing work to file suit.

Thank you for providing your state name. Here is a link to small claims court information for Florida, the first link specific to Miami-Dade County (you will want to find your own county's information online):

http://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/property-small-claims.asp

http://www.flcourts.org/resources-and-services/family-courts/family-law-self-help-information/small-claims.stml

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">