• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How valid is this sample agreement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sassi121

What is the name of your state? pa

www.absolutewrite.com has a sample life rights agreement. It looks good, but if i remember correctly, a contract must have consideration in order to be enforceable. This agreement has no provision by which the writer does anything for the person who is assigining his/her life rights. Am I missing something? The text appears below. Thanks.

Sample contract: Life (story) rights
This is a sample of the contract you might use if someone agrees to let you write a script involving their true story. You must copy and paste this into a blank document to use it.
I, ________________, hereby irrevocably consent and agree that you, ________________, and your successors, licensees, and assigns in perpetuity and throughout the universe have the right to use, fictionalize, and/or exploit in whole or in part my life story, my name, likeness, poses, statements, writings, photographs, anecdotes, acts, appearances, and voices. I understand and agree that you may portray me and my life story in any manner and by any actor/actors, under my name or any other name. I hereby waive any objection that I may have that your use of such material may be defamatory, constitute an invasion of privacy, or otherwise violate any right which I may have in connection with such material. I hereby waive any right to bring and prosecute an action for defamation, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, or any similar action, whether my life story is used by you or your successors, licensees, or assigns.
You will have the right to add to, subtract from, arrange, alter, and revise my life story and all materials relating thereto in any manner and to combine such materials with materials relating thereto in any manner and hereby waive any rights of "droit moral" that you may have in my life story. All rights, licenses, and priveleges granted to you shall be cumulative, and you may exercise or use any of said rights, licenses, and privileges separately from, simultaneously with, or in connection with any other such rights, licenses, and privileges.
I grant you and your successors, licensees, and assigns in perpetuity and throughout the universe all motion picture rights (including, without limitation, all silent, sound, dialogue, talking, and musical motion picture rights), all television rights, remake and sequel rights, novelization rights, and all allied, ancillary, corollary rights, subsidiary, merchandising rights including, without limitation, videocassette, videodisk, soundtrack interactive, online which may be produced in any and all media, now known or devised in the future in any and all languages, and any and all other rights pertaining thereto, and the right to exploit the aforesaid rights in any manner and by all means, whether now known or hereafter devised.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">