• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hurricaine Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bforget

What is the name of your state? West Virginia.

Our 40' 2002 Diesel Motorhome is registered and kept in Florida. It was damaged by one of last years hurricaines. We took the coach to Lazy Days RV Supercenter to get an estimate for our insurance (Progressive). Lazy Days is an approved service center for Progressive. The body shop wanted to paint the side that had some minor fiberglass and decal damage. After talking with my insurance adjustor, we both agreed that painting one side of the coach would not be the right way to go. The two sides of the coach would be different, one fiberglass gel coat and the other painted.

The insurance adjuster told the body shop at Lazy Days to just buff out the fiberglass replace the decals and replace the TV antenna. Progressive issued a check to Lazy Days and Me for approx $6,000 for the repairs. We, residing in West Virginia, were told the coach was finished and drove down to Seffner Florida to pick it up.

When we arrived and saw the coach we knew immediately that it had been painted on the damaged side. They did a nice job trying to match the white fiberglass but there is no question that it looks different. We were told by the service manager that "we will make it right".

I think that they either have to put it back the way it was (almost impossible) or paint the remainder of the coach? What do you think?

Thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">