• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I can't believe this!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

djarmoluk

In an earlier post I posted the following:

"This deals with Internet Web Hosting. I will try to keep this simple. About 3 months ago, I purchased a web hosting plan from a very large hosting company based in Texas. The plan came with certain functionality that I was looking for. Over the last two months, I have been developing a web page/application to run on this service. At this point in time, I am ready to deploy my application to their system. They are now telling me that they have disabled the services that I require and that were a part of the initial agreement. At this time however, they are still advertising the availability of the service. Now I have an application that has taken me 2 months to build (about 200 hours) that is useless to me. It seems to me that by still advertising the service they are false advertising and by removing the service, they have gone against there agreement. Other than poor business practice, is this not illegal? They claim the reason for removing the service was because of security reasons. I say BS to that as they should have never offered the service to begin with if that is there argument. Am I entitled to get my money back? Am I entitled to get something for 200 hours of lost time? Ideally, I'd like them just to give in and let me utilize the service, but if they don't I would like to have an idea of what my options may be."

I have since tried to cancel my service with this provider because they are useless to me. They are now telling me that since it has been 30 days past my order date, I am entitled to $0 refund. I am ready to blowup. Not only did they revoke promised services, but when I try to back out, they say I can't.

L

lawrat

Did you use a credit card? What does the agreement state? Do they have to deliver the whole service? I.e how are you entitled to the refund? You should go to the better business bureau and/or consumer affairs and start your complaint.

D

djarmoluk

I paid with a credit card. Paid for a year up front because it came with a discount. Their customer agreement does state after 30 days, no refund is possible. Their agreement DOES NOT say they can remove offered services without warning. In my opinion, by them removing these services initially offered, they have made their customer agreement void and should pay me at least the remainder of unused service, which amounts to about 10 months.

The amount I would be loosing is not that much. It’s the principle of it all. A large company who can take a few hundred bucks here and a few hundred bucks there from a small company like my own without question is bound to be profitable at some point in time. To be honest, if I could just do something to get their attention and make them change their practice of taking advantage of people, I would be much happier than I am now.

Thanks for your assistance. I guess I'll try the BBB.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">