• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i can't believe I did that

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vharkless

Maryland, prince Georges' County

I was signing up for a service with an investment company.
This company supposedly helps people buy a house rent to own. I went to their office for help with the process and they require 1K down. I left a check and said I would furnish them with a certified funds when I borrowed from my family. I switched jobs and its ending up not working out, and me and my family are care taking for my grandfather who has cancer. Both events are unavoidable, but a collection agency called me about the money. Granted, this company did not provide me with a house, put me in a house, or negotiate for me to be in a house. Is this legal? How can they ask for money when I have not received anything, and they did not do any legwork? Can this contract become void? They have no money from me, and I have no house.
I wrote a letter requesting the contract become null and void, and am awaiting a response.

H

hexeliebe

Did you sign a contract?

Did you leave a check you knew was not covered by sufficient funds?

Do you know the law about Fraud?

Pay them the money, arrange for payments or get it somehow. They entered into this in good faith and you did not. You're lucky you aren't looking at criminal charges for fraud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">