• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I can't cancel my phone service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dvmoore

What is the name of your state? FL

About six months ago I switched to a new phone service. Immediately, I began having problems with billing. They were charging me for services that I had never asked for. I was so dissatisfied with my treatment by this company that I called and canceled my service after only one month.

However, every month I still receive a bill from them. Each time I have to call their customer support and spend at least half an hour waiting to talk to someone. Every time they apologize, remove all of the charges from my bill, and promise that the service will be disconnected as soon as possible. Then of course a month later I get another bill.

This has been going on for about four to five months now. I don’t owe them any money, and I haven’t used their service, so there should be no reason why they can’t cancel my account. In my opinion this situation has gone far beyond a simple computer glitch, or human error. I’m beginning to feel like I’m being harassed.

Is there anything that I can do to make them stop? Surely I must have some rights that protect me from being billed involuntarily by a company. Can I threaten to sue them to get their attention?

FarmerJ

DVM any further communications with them need to be in writting make copy for your records and send letter using certificate of mailing or registered return recpt mail . all the phone calls in the world will do it seems is make you more agrevated .

T

towashook

FLA consumer protection

The Florida Public Service Commission seems to handle telephone fraud and consumer protection in telecommunications areas. Their webpage is:
http://www.psc.state.fl.us/consumers/index.cfm
they have an online complaint form. Their toll free number is (800) 342-3552. From what you said it sounds like you may have been "crammed" and this website provides info and help for the dilemna you face. I went thru this in Indiana recently and going to our public service commission ended my problem swiftly. Hope this helps you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">