• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I feel a stiff one coming

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdids

Im a webmaster located in Minnesota. Over one year ago (June 2000), I created a website for client.A darn good site too. I only charged $5000 for it since the client and I were in good standing. The client has verbally agreed to pay me. Well, one year later, the website has been long delivered and I haven't recieved one red cent. for the past month I have been trying to get the client to sign a prommisory note. But for some weird reason, it's taking his "lawyer" a long time to analyze the terms of the one-page note (he is stalling, basically). The client will definitely be at his residence for the next 6 months. I would like to start the collection process immediately.

1. How do I force or pressure the client to put our agreement in writing?

2. If the client doesn't put the agreement in writing, what are my next steps in collecting.

3. If needed, how do I put this bad transaction on this persons credit report (I am registered as a business, here in Minnesota).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">