• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i got screwed !!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chewy

i live in arkansas, to make a long story short. i fell 2 payments on my bike. (my bad) but without written notice, my bike was repoed. they (hsbc) claim they sent me 3 letters. i didnot get them. and they will not give me the opp. to send them the 2 payments . i have paid on this bike for two years. any help?

racer72

You screwed yourself

Bet the three letters were part of your statement. Read your contract, it should state what your options are in case of repossession. You will likely have to pay off the loan and all repo costs to get the bike back.

chewy

this did not happen!!!!!!

all i got from HSBC is standard statments, like i said, no warning, i called them the next morning to see what was up. they just told me that there was nothing they would do for me unless i paid them the full bal. of the loan. ive been looking for state laws that cover repoes. it looks to me like they broke some laws, they wont even give me the "right to cure" under the state law.

racer72

all i got from HSBC is standard statments, like i said, no warning, i called them the next morning to see what was up. they just told me that there was nothing they would do for me unless i paid them the full bal. of the loan. ive been looking for state laws that cover repoes. it looks to me like they broke some laws, they wont even give me the "right to cure" under the state law.
Your right to cure is to pay off the loan. You agreed to this when you bought the bike. As stated above, read your contract. It will state your legal rights in case of repossession.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">