• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have been ripped off by FedEx I want to sue.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hidden

I live in New York State.I have been shipping with Fedex ground for several years.I call there 800 number for shipping quotes.When quotes are given the higher the value of the item the more you pay for insurance.Now after filing my first claim for an item which was insured for $799.00 I receive a letter stating that I will only receive $100.00 because artwork cannot be insured for over $100.00. but I paid for $799.00 insurance.Fedex took my money.They also now will not return the damaged item. They lost it.They say they own it. I did not accept their check for $100.00. Fedex is charging customers additional fees for insurance, taking their money and have no intentiion of paying the claims. The customer is paying for something that isn't even available.Fedex figures if you don't ask we won't tell you.Somewhere in a manual is a list of items that they will only pay a max of $100.00. How many people have access to their manual. When you call an speak to the rep you are made to believe that you are covered by their insurance. I even have a tape recording getting a Fedex quote when the person assures me that the quote I just received to my painting is insured for $700.00.I had paid numbers of time to have my packages insured for over $100.00.They are making millions of dollars off of people who are paying these fees every day. customers who think their package are insured.I want to sue. Most of all I want public to be aware that this is happening. They are paying for coverage they are not receiving. :eek:

shortbus

They don't insure artwork because it's difficult to assign a market value. Otherwise people could buy fragile crap "art" items, insure them for a huge sum, then claim the loss.

They won't return the item to you because the insurance payment is compensation for the loss. If you accept the payment, they DO own the item.

File in small claims court. BTW your tape recorded conversation may not be admissible as evidence.

hidden

I live in New York. I did not accept the $100.00 check they sent to me. I retruned it and requested the return of my item. They replyed by stating that they would not reconsider the claim.

hidden

I won in small claims court.

I live in NYS.I went to small claims court and won. Fedex mailed me a check within a week for the full amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">