• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

laybac

Hello, my name is Steven Baus and I have a situation. I stayed at a hotel June 29th and 30th. I gave the lady at the front desk my card and she did her thing I signed the receipt. I went home with my wife and one month later I get a phone call the they had charged the wrong card and that they didn't know if the charged the same room twice or just messed up. I told them my bank statement would be in within a week or so and at that time they wanted to charge my card again until I could prove I had been billed. I didn't want that cause that would overdraw me. They did it anyway but instead of taking out one sum of the agreed amount they took most of it out in 20 dollar amounts. That might have been fine if I told them too but I did not I agreed on one sum. The other problem I had with this is that every time they took out this 20 dollar amount I got charged a 20 dollar overdraft fee so I have a substantial amount of overdraft fees. Is what happened legal. can they take money with out my written consent, since I signed the wrong receipt, they don't have proof that I agreed and can they take it out in small dollar amounts and cost me over 100 dollars in bank charges.

Thank you
Steven D. Baus
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">