• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I owe it, but they won't take my $

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

free69

What is the name of your state? Texas

I owe a major furniture store $. I am willing to make payments, but they refuse to accept payments. The attorney office in Florida handling case wants to put a lien on my home for $5900 (I have
already made 2 payments totalling $300 since this time). My financial situation has changed twice since this arrangement 1 year ago. Prior to the attorney, the collection agency refused to accept payments. I attempted to get a loan to pay off the$3000 settlement offer, but was unable to do so because they have placed this negative on my credit file (understandably).

Note: When I began 1 year ago, my other creditors worked with me, however, these people refuse and want everything up front.
I have offered pymts from my checking account, but they would rather put the lien on my home. What is my the next step.

H

hexeliebe

keep paying payments until you've paid off the total and the lien is removed.

A creditor is not required to take payments after you have defaulted on a loan. And once they have a judgement against you for default, the lien on real or personal property is the only way they can guarantee getting paid.

Accept it, continue making payments and get on with life. Eventually you'll get it paid and then you can move to get the lien released.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">