• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I purchased a car without a driver's license...Can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

starr33

What is the name of your state?
New York State

In January 2001, I leased a used car with my then boyfriend. He got tickets which I paid to save my credit. I voulentarily surrendured the car to the finance company, and was informed by them I had to fulfill my original aggreement to pay the original purchase price of the car--not the balance of a resold price. I am currently paying for car that I never drove.The car dealership, the finance company, and the insurance agency were all aware that I do not have a driver's license. All documents were signed by me. My ex-boyfriend signed nothing. Do I have a case?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You've got nothing - - except the responsibility to pay the debt.

There is nothing in the law that says "You can't buy a car unless you have a driver's license." I can buy a Boeing 747. But, wherever the Boeing Company parks it, that's where it would sit. Why? Because I don't have a jet airplane license to fly it !

You can "buy" anything you want! So, guess what? When you signed the contract, you "bought" a car!

The law only says that you can't DRIVE a car without a license.

IAAL

Last edited:
S

starr33

Can I sue the car dealership and the insurance company?

Thanks for your response, but only part of my question was answered. If I am legally responsible for to the finance company, to fulfill the puchase price of the car, then why can't the car dealership, and the insurance company be held responsible for selling me the car, and getting insurance in my name?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You're just not getting it, are you?

If you were an adult at the time you signed on the dotted line, you, and only you, are on the hook for the debt.

The insurance company, the dealer, your Aunt Lillie, the President of the United States, or anyone else, but YOU, are responsible for YOUR purchases.

You DON'T need a license to buy a car.

I don't know how else to tell you that YOU are the only one responsible for what you have done.

IAAL

racer72

IAAL, sorry to inform you that Boeing would not sell you an airplane. Only FAA, CAA, and JAA certified air carriers are allowed to purchase commercial aircraft. You could buy a private airplane though, but without a pilot's license, you could not fly it either.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

racer72 said:
IAAL, sorry to inform you that Boeing would not sell you an airplane. Only FAA, CAA, and JAA certified air carriers are allowed to purchase commercial aircraft. You could buy a private airplane though, but without a pilot's license, you could not fly it either.

My response:

Racer said - -

"IAAL, sorry to inform you that Boeing would not sell you an airplane."

Money talks, bull s h i t walks.

Believe me Racer, if I wanted a Boeing 747, I could get one.

IAAL

A

aahlee

with all the airlines going belly up there must be hundreds of 747's parked in the desert just waiting for anyone to buy just one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">