• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want to cancel Gym membership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wolff

I'm in KY.

I wanted to go into premises to work out, but because I didn't have a "scannable" card, they wouldn't let me in, they insisted it was policy. I gave them my ID, but they would not care for it. I read the Membership Agreement and nothing was mentioned about accessing the premises. They wanted to charge me to give me one. I refused because I already pay a monthly fee. Could i cancel the membership based on the fact that they would not let me in? Could this be considered a breach even though it was not spell out in the agreement?

JETX

Could i cancel the membership based on the fact that they would not let me in? Could this be considered a breach even though it was not spell out in the agreement?
You can certainly TRY to cancel the membership for pretty much any reason you want. If they agree, no problem. If they don't, then you will have to either continue paying.... or face the risk of a credit hit and possible litigation.
The excuses you note are NOT sufficient to warrant cancellation. I suggest you talk with the management at that location or the corporate office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">