• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want my money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Micky78

I tutored a girl this summer so she could retake the LEAP test and go the fifth grade. I tutored her and she passed and was promoted. I charged the parent $120 (which was cheap comopared to all the other tutors) she agreed , but said it was alot at one time and asked if she could pay me so much a week. I agreed. I received two payments and now its been two months since I received or heard anything from the parent. She still owes me $75 and I have still have receipts she gave me. I have gotten in touch with but she still hasnt payed me. How can I get the rest of my money.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Micky Franks
Lake Charles, La

racer72

Send the mother a certified letter, return receipt requested, giving her a set period of time (7 days for a debt this small is in line) to pay the $75. Tell her that if she does not pay, you will take her to small claims court and tell her besides the $75 she will also have to pay your court costs and filing fees. Also state that when you receive a judgement against her, it will be reported to all credit reporting agencies and her credit will be adversly affected. Keep copies of all correspondance for your records.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">