• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If doctor's office send your bill to collection agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjayjay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

The amount is $60 so not too big. However, they did not send me the bill which they will obviously deny and claim they sent me the bill, and they did make me to sign on their financial policy (which they make every patients to do as all other doctor's office in US) designed in their favor that I agree to pay the collector in case my bill goes unpaid with something like %35 interest and I will pay all the cost associated and blah blah.....

Is it best that I just pay the collection agency ASAP? What damage can I expect to have been done to my credit? What options do I have to clear this?

jjayjay

Did it not cross your mind that you never got a bill?
What is your advice? I have no interest in making a point, but it did cross my mind, but I kept waiting and with the mindset that I will pay when they bill. So I guess you are leading to a logic that patient is responsible for patient liability whether bill is sent or not? If that is what you are leading to, You are right!!!! 100%!!!! However, that is not what I want to dispute with the doc office nor is it my question. My question is what option do I have to fix this problem and minimize the my credit damage.

Last edited:

BL

Pay it before it's sent to the CRA's.

Could you beleive a Drs. office sent a $13.?? bill report ,that collected interest ?

I paid it.

TigerD

I once had a 13 cent mailed to me with a 21 cent stamp. I paid with my credit card.

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">