• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If I am not billed, do I have to pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

creatvemnd

What is the name of your state? I live in NY state. 4 years ago, I had 1200.00 worth of dental work done. My then husband had a verbal agreement to barter woodworking with the dentist for this dental work. He did not do enough work to satisfy the bill and refused to finish. Of course, he denies all of this now. I have not received a bill from the dentist in 2 years so I figured it was all resolved somehow. Now, the dentist has his office and acct and lawyer after to me to pay this bill. I offered to pay 30.00 /month but it may not be agreed to by their office. Am I obligated to pay a bill that I have not been billed for in 2 years?

Any help is appreciated!

mykoleary

If the work was done and not paid for, yes you do have to pay for it. Maybe they will be nice and pro-rate the bill for the woodwork your ex-husband DID provide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">