• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If I win the new car can I put it in another's name?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Carollllllll

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I was notified that I was one of 36 winners in a contest and will receive a prize package worth $200 and I am entered to win a new car at a drawing in a couple of weeks. After doing much research with the Secretary of State I was told my license is revoked and cannot have a vehicle in my name due to nonpayment of a $1000 ticket back in 1996. I was layed off 6 weeks ago and cannot afford to pay it. If I win the car, can I put it in a relative's name? Do you have any ideas? I'd hate to have to forfeit it. I could pay a lot of bills, including the ticket and reinstatement fees, if I could win and then sell the car. Please help me. Thank you.

HomeGuru

Carollllllll said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I was notified that I was one of 36 winners in a contest and will receive a prize package worth $200 and I am entered to win a new car at a drawing in a couple of weeks. After doing much research with the Secretary of State I was told my license is revoked and cannot have a vehicle in my name due to nonpayment of a $1000 ticket back in 1996. I was layed off 6 weeks ago and cannot afford to pay it. If I win the car, can I put it in a relative's name? Do you have any ideas? I'd hate to have to forfeit it. I could pay a lot of bills, including the ticket and reinstatement fees, if I could win and then sell the car. Please help me. Thank you.
**A: no problem. If you are selected as the winner, instruct them to put the title in the name of Advice Company.

JETX

Actually, the answer to your question depends largely on the conditions of the contest. Most contests with vehicles as prizes, require a 'valid drivers license' for the winners. My sister in law recently won a vehicle in a contest and had to offer both her drivers license AND her SSN before they would transfer the vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">