• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If this modeling contract does not specify timeframe, can I get child out of it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akosaning

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI
I'm trying to figure out if this contract is in fact legally binding and if I'm unable to remove my child from the agency. I thought when signing that because the space specifying the timeframe was blank, I could pull her out when I chose. The agency however says that because of the word "years" written after the blank, I am legally bound to this contract for a year. Below is the part of the contract at question. Any advice is greatly appreciated:)

I hereby appoint AGENCY as my exclusive agent in the states of Wisconsin and Illinois, for a period of ____ (__) years to procure modeling assignments for me.

justalayman

If there is nothing in the blanks, it is basically not enforceable. Whomever failed to fill in the blank screwed up and cannot simply make up what they want to now.

akosaning

Thank you! I appreciate your response. The agency is claiming that because of the term years used in the contract she is basically stuck for a year. I am hopeful I will get her out of it because besides that mistake there was no line to write the date the contract was initiated so it is also an undated contract which may also work in my favor. Huge lesson learned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">