• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If you hear it from the horse's mouth you're listening to a neigh sayer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

camelot72

I sold a horse to a girl 12 mths ago and in the receipt/contract I'd asked for first offer if she ever sold him (at the same price $2200) which she paid for him with an arab mare and 2 arabian costumes (one that every time you take it out of the bag, bits fall off it,- so never used)

I found out about 6 mths later that she had the horse for sale (for $1500).

Its taken her another 4 mths to then msg me and offer him to me...

In which she asked for the mare back and one of the costumes, then also asked for a young horse (to top up the money).

She's now saying that the costume is second hand (even though its never been used) and the young filly i gave (i had for sale at $1200)...

Is our original contract nul n void?

Do i just give her the price that she had on the horse?

tranquility

I'm not sure you had an original "contract". But, if you did, I am uncertain what the terms were. Did you write the original "receipt"?

george of

I sold a horse to a girl 12 mths ago and in the receipt/contract I'd asked for first offer if she ever sold him (at the same price $2200) which she paid for him with an arab mare and 2 arabian costumes (one that every time you take it out of the bag, bits fall off it,- so never used)

I found out about 6 mths later that she had the horse for sale (for $1500).

Its taken her another 4 mths to then msg me and offer him to me...

In which she asked for the mare back and one of the costumes, then also asked for a young horse (to top up the money).

She's now saying that the costume is second hand (even though its never been used) and the young filly i gave (i had for sale at $1200)...

Is our original contract nul n void?

Do i just give her the price that she had on the horse?
In which US state is this request to 'top up the money' taking place?

US law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">