• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CuriousBear

What is the name of your state? ca
I bought some stuff at the store and they had a deal going on where i could get an item for a $1 i got 4 items for a dollar and took them back to the same store and traded them in not for full value but what they trade for which was about $40 each so i made about 156 in store credit not cash and now they are saying what i did was illegal. i say it wasn't even if i had gotten the items for free it shouldn't matter i should be able to get there value. I could have taken them anywhere i just returned them back to your business because it's around the corner... long story short they cancelled my account but now they reinstated it after i talked with them they don't want me doing the deal though which is fine with me just don't try and lie to me as to the reason why! Am i wrong or are they?

CuriousBear

Thank you. I didn't think it was illegal to buy something for cheap and return it .. i'm not taking it back for the real value i'm just trading back to them for the going rate.. do they think i have a deal going on i'm sure not selling them a $40 item for $1 :rolleyes: Idiot's I didn't think it was illegal...thanks for conforming it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">