• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i'm a debtor but I do not know why

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

idolce

What is the name of your state? Arizona
hi my name is sergio hernandez. I'm refinancing my house and in the maricopa county treasurer records appeared a judgement case against sergio "gomez" hernandez with my address, this case was recorded in 2000 for the amount of $3,638. but I never received any letter about this before i already requested information to the attorney and she told me now I owe more than $6000 she also wants me to give her my social security # and copy of my driver license so she can inform me about the case. should I personaly talk to her or give her any personal information?

wayhigh

Identity Theft

If you're sure this isn't you then..

1. File a police report for identity theft.

2. Contact the fraud department at all three credit bureaus and report your identity as being stolen. Ask that a "fraud alert" be put on your file. Request a new credit report from them.

3. Look for new or accessed credit accounts. Contact those creditors, ask for their security or fraud department and tell them that your ID has been stolen by sending an affidavit of identity theft (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/affidavit.pdf). Close those accounts.

4. Put passwords on all credit accounts.

Honestly, I'm not a lawyer but I have been creating a class on helping people recover from identity theft. There's a lot more you could do but those things are a goods start. Having done those things, you should be able to get a lawyer to help you remove the judgement.

For more information on recovering from identity theft, check out http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/idtheft.htm.

WH

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">