• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Implied Warranties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

printwows

I wonder if my problem is covered under implied warranties. I live in Virginia and the manufacturer's in Alabama.

I purchased a color printer after visiting the manufacturer's website and reading their sales literature and manuals about the features of the printer. Several of the reasons why I purchased it (which are stated in their manual/sales literature) are not true. And now their tech support staff are telling me thing I can't do or that they no longer recommend the printer for which are the main reason I purchased it. The final straw this week was being told I can't print too many of the "Same" page or it will damage my printer. Suggesting that i print less than 25 pages then waiting a while then printing more. This is a $4000+ printer and I definitely expect it to print. I had it 8 months and all I have to show is a box full of paper since it doesn't do the color matching claimed.

Can I use implied warranty (as explained above) or breach of warranty (since they took 30 days not the 1-2 days stated in warranty to send a technician) to get them to take back the printer and refund my money?

[Edited by printwows on 06-11-2001 at 01:20 AM]

P

printwows

Just a brief note to say thanks HomeGuru for your short but direct response.

I presented my case to the company's warranty department then followed up a few days later and got no resistance when I requested a refund.

Received the refund about 1 month ago and now have another full color printer (diff. brand) that's working fine.

:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">