• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

implied warranty on car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cpusrvc

implied warranty on car & bad ck from dealer

What is the name of your state? Florida

I recently purchased a car (convertible) that was 9 months old with 15,000 miles from Maroone Ford in Miami. I inspected the car and then signed the papers with the financial dept. This process was completed about 30 minutes after the dealer closed. The buyer's guide had "Warranty" checked, but no check for "Full" or "Limited" and no % was filled in. It did note the factory warranty still applies. I went to the salesman for the car, and when he handed me the keys, I asked for the second set with the remote. He went to get them, but returned saying he couldn't find them right then but had seen them before. Because they were closed and most everyone had left, he said he would have to look for them the next day. I also didn't know that the car requires an expensive transponder key. When I asked him where the convertible boot cover was, he said they keep those parts locked up, but he didn't know if he could find that either. He said he would take it up with management if they couldn't find the missing parts. Additionally, the excess paid in advance for title and tag fees was refunded by their check ($40) that bounced. Mulitple phone calls got no futher on any issue.

The price for the transponder key, programming & remote is about $180, and the boot cover is $438.

The car was fully paid for with 3 charge cards. I filed disputes with the card companies, but 2 said it was a matter they couldn't address. The third split the missing parts from the bad check issue, and are investigating both. It is also my contention that the refund should have been made back to a credit card since it was paid with a credit card.

These are my questions:
1) Does the dealer have an obligation to replace the missing parts that they indicated they had previously in their possession but misplaced, especially since I had no opportunity to know that the parts were missing as they keep them locked up?
2) Does the dealer have to disclose missing parts that are not available for inspection?
3) Was the refund required to be to the credit card, not by check?
4) What are my options? (All suggestions are welcome)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">