• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

innocent and having topay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justin

Arizona

Recently had my vehicle oil changed at Big O tires, while on a trip to California the oil plug fell off and all of the oil drained out thus destroying my engine. Big O took responsibility and said their insurance(Farm Bureau) would pay for everything. Insurance called and told me that we would not have to pay for anything and gave me a choice between a new engine or a used engine with a longer warranty. I called the shop that was doing the work and they suggested the new engine. Insurance company mailed me a check that was supposed to cover everything, but was short $3000. I called and asked why it was short and they said that they were only paying a portion of the new engine, but admitted they never told me that. After talking to several supervisors they decided to give me additional $1500., but thats all and will not talk to me anymore. I've been dealing directly with the owner of Big O who has been very sympathetic and agrees that his insurance co. is in the wrong. He was going to personally write me a check for the difference but his insurance told him not to and told him that if i took them to court they would pay his legal fees. He is unsure what he wants to do. His insurance admitted to him that they told me from the beginning I would not have to pay anything, but do not want to be responsible for their mistake. I was told by a lawyer that if I tried to take it to small claims court they would superceed that court and go higher, forcing me to get a lawyer which would cost probably more than I'm already out. Is there anything I can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">