• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Installation Negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

localboy1981

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Hello, looking for some advice here. Yesterday we had a Sony television and various components installed by a Sony installation tech. The television was mounted on the wall in my living room. Upon completion of the installation, was left with visible cable and power cords, and a unnecessary hole in the wall. The Sony technician stated that he was unable to run the cords behind the was due to a " malfunction" with his wall stud finder, and due to the malfunction, placed a hole to run the wires in the wrong place. After this, I contacted the store where I purchased the television, and requested that he wave the installation fee due to results as posted above. I also requested that they send another tech out to install the television properly, and repair the hole they left in my wall. The store manager stated to me that he can not refund me the installation fee due to the television already has been mounted on the wall. As far as the hole repair, he stated to take pictures and send them 3 estimates for a repair. I know this is a minor issue but any advice can help, I would like to be refunded the installation fee if possible. Thank you, Jason

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">