• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Agent signed my contract is this legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

barbiam

What is the name of your state? GA
The insurance agent filled out the document for insurance, checked off questions and signed my namewithout my knowledge. Next thing that happened: I received a statement from the tag department that I had to pay $80.00 because I had no insurance. This I knew about because I was going to sell my car and I had not kept my original policy. When I changed my mind I had to get insurance before I could get my tag so I did but not with this company. Next thing that happened: I begin to receive calls from this insurance company saying I owed them money for this policy which I never got. I tried to tell the lady that I never got this insurance but she insisted that I did because I had signed the document. I asked her to send me this policy so I could see this signature. I received it yesterday and I was right I did not sign this policy. There is nothing about this signature that looks like mine. What do I do? I can prove that is not my signature.

BL

What is the name of your state? GA
The insurance agent filled out the document for insurance, checked off questions and signed my namewithout my knowledge. Next thing that happened: I received a statement from the tag department that I had to pay $80.00 because I had no insurance. This I knew about because I was going to sell my car and I had not kept my original policy. When I changed my mind I had to get insurance before I could get my tag so I did but not with this company. Next thing that happened: I begin to receive calls from this insurance company saying I owed them money for this policy which I never got. I tried to tell the lady that I never got this insurance but she insisted that I did because I had signed the document. I asked her to send me this policy so I could see this signature. I received it yesterday and I was right I did not sign this policy. There is nothing about this signature that looks like mine. What do I do? I can prove that is not my signature.
Send them proof that you did not sign for the ins.

In a letter ,signed and dated ,state that you will file a complaint with your local Office Of Attorney General - Consumer Affairs Dept. and look into legal avenues of Falsifying a document.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">