• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Debbie Breck

What is the name of your state? Oregon

My two sons started Ortho treatment for braces in February '03 we were told our co-payment would be $800. In March '03 my dental insurance co informed us that the co-payment went up to $1,200 effective 01-01-03. Can they lower benefits without notification and make it retroactive.

djohnson

When does your policy run from? When is it renewed? What proof do you have that they didn't try to notify you? If it was the end of that agreement and renewal time what effort did you make to see what changed?

D

Debbie Breck

More Info

I have had this insurance for 10 years. The renewal date is January 1st. I received the renewal information in December stating that the only change to coverage would be an increase of $6.00 to the office visit co-pay from $4 to $10. There were no other changes listed including the $800 ortho co-payment. I received a letter in March that the ortho co-pay has been increased to $1,200 effective 1/1/03. Also, during the consultation visits on Dec. 31st and January 8th I received a price list that also stated the $800 co-pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">