• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance fraud/kick backs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kenneth Dunlap

I sustained water damage in July and was told there was mold involved. We moved out of the house on 8/13 into a hotel where we are still staying. Insurance adjuster referred me to a company who was "real good". I had two estimates for remediation of the property. One estimate was $5000.00 over what I had insured but included not only the tear out but build back as well. The other estimate (the referred company) submitted was just for tear out. My adjuster told me he wasn't going to pay over my coverage. I understood that, I just wanted my house put back the way it was before the water damage. Solid wood floors throughout the small house (1170 sq.ft.). House had become unlevel, every wall in house cracked, doors won't close, boards seperating on outside, caulking falling out, etc. I was told that I couldn't prove water leak caused all the unleveling. Fine, I'll front that part. The referred company came in and did their thing. I finally got inside and noticed that the tear out wasn't fully completed. The mold was airborn and required that all furniture come out, cabinets taken out, flooring torn out (every splinter), carpet, vinyl, the whole nine yards. In other words, house was gutted. Wall cabinets were left up with food and dishes still in them, fixtures that were supposed to come down left up, walls were to be "wiped down" but they are filthy with hand prints. Mini blinds were left hanging in windows with plastic covering the window, boxes still in attic, all my belongings put in a trailer stacking a great deal of stuff on a brand new couch and love seat. I informed the adjuster about charges that clearly were fraudulent due to the fact that it simply wasn't done and he told me to discuss with the company. The check has already been cashed, over $31,000.00. Charged for dishwasher, 3 stoves, garbage disposal of which I have none. Stated they sanded all beams to remove mold, not done. So, kickbacks involved and maybe a little fraud? Would like some feed back.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">