• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet Price Qoute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gomst1

I live in California
Via internet, a local car dealer quoted me $27,340 for a van by salesman "A" via email. I ordered the van. Saleman "A" was reassigned to a different position. I was passed on to salesman "B". Salesman "B" wants $250 more ($27,590). I could not convince him to honor price quote of salesman "A". I bought
the van anyway at salesman "B" price.

Was the original price quote via email a valid contract. Do I have a chance to get the $250 back in a small claims court.

JETX

Small claims court doesn't require the same evidentiary rules. So, it sounds to me as you MIGHT have a case, but no one can predetermine the outcome. Go ahead, give it a shot.

HomeGuru

I doubt that you would win in Court because you had a chance to walk but you agreed to pay the $250 more and knowing this increase, you bought the van anyway.
No one forced you to pay $250 more.

JETX

HomeGuru....
You're correct. When she accepted the higher offer, she waived claims to the prior offer.
Sorry, my only excuse... I suffered a 'brain fart'!
:eek:

G

gomst1

Thanks everyone for the quick response.
I guess I will have to think twice before going to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">