• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet purchase of service gone wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PeeveS

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

The internet site is www.ispeedway.com . Firstly i was told by them on the phone i would not be billed when i recived the product, i would be billed when i installed the product. 30 days later i was a billing for 59.99 and It was from them. I called them up to ask them why they had billed me because i had not instaled the product yet. They told me that i was to be billed 30 days after i recived the product. I informed them of what i was told and they told me they could not refund my money, but they would give me a 2 week extension for my next billing. I had not installed the product because my computer crashed i was able to install the product. Now today when i called them to cancel they product they told me that the billing cannot be stoped because I was past my 30 day trial period. Now i believe i was told on two occasions that it would be possible to cancel the product service at anytime I wanted to. So they say i cannot cancel the product and i am responsible for the rest of the payments, that all add up to $300. Now the thing is, I will be going back to school in a 20 or so days and will no longer be able to ahve a job, thus not beeing able to pay for it. I am 17 years old but my Visa account is tied in with my moms. The thing i am trying to get at is they have givin me wrong information on more than one occasion. I dont not have any proof except for my word. They also stated that it explaned all of this on the terms of service on the back of this one sheet of paper. Would it make that invalid if they gave me the wrong information verbally? I would really like some imput please.
Thanks,
Ed

Some Random Guy

Have your mom call the credit card comapny, explain that the charge is fraudulent because they are not honoring their return policies and because they charged you before you installed the product - contrary to your agreement.

PeeveS

So even tho the it said that i only had 30 days and all of that ont hat paper i can still get out of it because of what they told me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">