• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invalid security agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

webqueen

What is the name of your state? Indiana, my now ex-husband took the title to our car and got a signature loan without my signature. he told the loan officer that only his name was on the title. after giving him the check she realized he had lied. the judge awarded me the car and ordered me to make the loan payments. I have been making the loan payments, but the bank will not discuss anything with me because my name is not on the account. the judge granted my lawyer authority to remove my ex-husband name off the title so i can register the car. isn't this bad business practice trying to hold me to a contract that i didn't even co-sign on. is there anything i can do legally? my lawyer said it would cost about 2,000.00 to appeal the judge's ruling. can the bank or my ex-husband be sued for fraud? as far as i'm concern their security interest is defective.

L

loku

The requirement that you pay the loan was part of a cour decree. You are stuck with it unless you appeal the ruling and win.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">