• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Issue with neighbour business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Analyst

What is the name of your state? - NJ

We are in drycleaning business. The neighbour store is a coin laundramat. As part of our service we have been providing industrial laundry service such as cleaning of packing gloves, which requires us to use gas dryers. We have been using the neighbouring laundramat dryer with required coind deposited in the machine.

Recently the owner of laundramat told my manager not to use dryer. What should I do next?:mad:

ENASNI

Analyst said:

We are in drycleaning business. The neighbour store is a coin laundramat. As part of our service we have been providing industrial laundry, which requires us to use gas dryers. We have been using the neighbouring laundramat dryer with required coind deposited in the machine.

Recently the owner of laundramat told my manager not to use dryer. What should I do next?:mad:

Why is this a legal question?

Sorry, grumpy today. I will go into New Jersey's statutes and look up laudry dryer law... you just wait right there. :p

seniorjudge

Analyst said:

We are in drycleaning business. The neighbour store is a coin laundramat. As part of our service we have been providing industrial laundry service such as cleaning of packing gloves, which requires us to use gas dryers. We have been using the neighbouring laundramat dryer with required coind deposited in the machine.

Q: Recently the owner of laundramat told my manager not to use dryer. What should I do next?

A: Buy a dryer.

ENASNI

seniorjudge said:
Q: Recently the owner of laundramat told my manager not to use dryer. What should I do next?

A: Buy a dryer.

No no Judge, this is Legaladvice.com, not Logicaladvice.com.

I am knee-deep in NJ's statutes here, don't make me come out again till I find the exact one for the poster. ;)

Analyst

ENASNI said:
No no Judge, this is Legaladvice.com, not Logicaladvice.com.

I am knee-deep in NJ's statutes here, don't make me come out again till I find the exact one for the poster. ;)
What rights business have to decline service when the service is paid.

ENASNI

Analyst said:
Are you inquiring about their right to refuse service to anyone?

What is the whole story here? You see I have the right to refuse service to you without getting facts.

mlane58

ENASNI said:
Are you inquiring about their right to refuse service to anyone?

What is the whole story here? You see I have the right to refuse service to you without getting facts.
Just curious - what service would you have provided missy? :D

fairisfair

Analyst said:
The dryers are obviously for the customers who also do their laundry (washing) there. Why should they let you use their facilities while their own customers have to wait? For God's sake, you are running a business, buy your own equipment. And, if you were a REALLY GOOD neighbor, you would give the laundry the contract on the gloves as they are apparently much better equiped to handle it.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">