• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Issues with Toyota Dealership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

david98765

I purchased a vehicle from a Toyota Dealership in Texas. When I arrived, the tire was flat on the vehicle I purchased. They took it into the shop to fix it. When the salesman brought it back, I asked him if it was fixed or if they just used "Fix-a-Flat". He told me they patched it. After I purchased the car, I had just driven off the lot and the tire pressure indicator light came on. I went back to the dealer and the used car manager told me they did not fix it, they just put air in it. They gave me a $20 bill and told me to take it somewhere to get the flat fixed. It was Memorial Day, so Firestone was the only place open that I could find. Firestone told me that the hole was in the sidewall, so I had to purchase a new tire. It cost a little over $170. I argued with the dealership that they should pay the remaining $150 since they told me it was fixed, but they will not. Is there anything I can do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You accepted the $20 as a settlement. You should have researched the cost of a new tire BEFORE accepting the $20

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">