• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Item listed wrong on website??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

u4ricblues

- The company I bought the item from is in Florida
- I am in the Military in Italy, but my state of residence is Florida
- The shipment of the item (from the website) was to
Massachusetts

The website sells cellular phones, I clicked a picture of this paticular phone and it brought up a webpage with that phones specifics, it also had a part on the page that said "price: TBA" I know what that means, but before I thought I clicked the "add to cart" button and it showed up with the item in the cart at "$0.00" ...well just to be stupid I added two more phones to the cart and proceeded with the purchase (after all 0.00 is pretty cheap). I got an order confirmation from the website stating 3 phones at "$0.00" and 30 dollars or so for shipping, with an order confirmation number. I also got an e-mail confirmation with the same information, adding that I would recieve another e-mail when the product shipped. Even though I realize this is a pretty stupid question...and they're not actually selling the phone for 0.00, I'm just kind of wondering what the legal take on that would be.

Also, the phone is a high end model ($500+)

Last edited:

racer72

Do you realize that you just obigated yourself to 3 long term cell phone contracts? You are about to learn an expensive lesson.

U

u4ricblues

more specific

Thanks, but it wasn't a contract - I should have been more specific

3 cellular phones that are "unlocked"and work on different networks. Like I said I am in the military in Italy. Basically I just buy the phone and choose a cellular provider over here.

I am more curious about rules or laws for "items" listed for the wrong price on the internet (i.e. Cell phone, Book, Computer, T.V.) and what the effect of me having a "recipt" showing that they sold me these goods (phones) at this price (0.00+shipping).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">