• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

items in storage have been moved.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brigette

michigan

my boyfriend rented a storage space for our houshold items and he only paid the rent once. now owner has every right to sell the contents of the storagae space. instead he moved everything to a different space so he could rent out the original space. my question is, i know he could have sold it by now, but can he move my stuff and hide it from me and still charge me? what do i do if something is missing or broken? i know he had a right to lock up the original storage but i have never heard of anyone moving someones stuff. when we breached the contract by not paying did taht give him free reighn to our stuff? I somehow feel violated and i am sure he feel used.

L

lawrat

Well, at this point, he has every right to sell the stuff per your contract breach. He moved it so he can still rent out the space -- that is okay as long as he doesn't continue to charge you.

If he is doing this, commence a small claims suit and seek your items back in exchange for what is owed thus far or him to keep the items and not charge you anymore (plus whatever extra you paid when you should not have)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">