• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

it's only been two days, can I get out of my lease?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sercs_12

i live in arizona. i signed a lease on the first of the month, later that same day i decided i didn't want to move in to the house in question, i informed the landlord of this. it is my understanding that there is a period of three business days to get out of a contract/lease before it's binding; is this true? if that is not the case, is there any way i can get out of my lease?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sercs_12 said:
i live in arizona. i signed a lease on the first of the month, later that same day i decided i didn't want to move in to the house in question, i informed the landlord of this. it is my understanding that there is a period of three business days to get out of a contract/lease before it's binding; is this true? if that is not the case, is there any way i can get out of my lease?
My response:

Unless you're a minor, the answers to both of your questions are No, and No.

You signed a binding contract. You owe the money whether or not you take possession of the premises.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">