• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

John

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lopic14

My 21 year old son recently leased a 2016 Chevy Silverado. He did all the paperwork, and drove the truck home the same day. Now 3 days later the finance guys at the dealer call. They say they now want a cosigner for the lease agreement. I would never let him default on the lease, but the deal was he would do it on his own. He has a full time job coming out of college middle of May. He also has established credit for 3 years with a major credit card. My question is since the deal is already done. Can the bank legally compel him to get a cosigner for his signed lease agreement?

quincy

My 21 year old son recently leased a 2016 Chevy Silverado. He did all the paperwork, and drove the truck home the same day. Now 3 days later the finance guys at the dealer call. They say they now want a cosigner for the lease agreement. I would never let him default on the lease, but the deal was he would do it on his own. He has a full time job coming out of college middle of May. He also has established credit for 3 years with a major credit card. My question is since the deal is already done. Can the bank legally compel him to get a cosigner for his signed lease agreement?
Whether your son can be legally compelled to get a cosigner on the car loan depends on how the lease agreement was worded (e.g., if there was a contingency clause).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">