• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbmckay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Signed a contract for payment on a Water softener unit. The water softner has NEVER worked. The company did send out a service man, but did not fix the problem. After getting no results from the company, I quit making payments for something that DIDN'T work. 6 years later I get a served with papers. In the papers, it says I may or may not need to answer and gave me a phone number of the court to call to find if it had ever been filed. When I called, the court said that it was never filed and when I asked if I needed to send in the letter, the clerk told me there was nothing filed and I wouldn't need to. 3 months later here is a judgement against me. Do I have any legal recourse now or must I pay for something that has NEVER WORKED What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? UTAH

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Signed a contract for payment on a Water softener unit. The water softner has NEVER worked. The company did send out a service man, but did not fix the problem. After getting no results from the company, I quit making payments for something that DIDN'T work. 6 years later I get a served with papers. In the papers, it says I may or may not need to answer and gave me a phone number of the court to call to find if it had ever been filed. When I called, the court said that it was never filed and when I asked if I needed to send in the letter, the clerk told me there was nothing filed and I wouldn't need to. 3 months later here is a judgement against me. Do I have any legal recourse now or must I pay for something that has NEVER WORKED What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? UTAH
OH you cant just quit paying, and maybe you should have called the phone number every week. or contact the company...

You might be able to appeal, but hurry up!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">