• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Junkyard hold/deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

periwinkle20

What is the name of your state? TX

Yes my husband and I went to a junkyard. He asked the guy showing us around if there was a certain part on a car. The guy said he kept them in a building. We thought that meant that it was what we asked for. Looking back I think he meant come look at it and see for yourself. Well my husband put a deposit down to hold the item, because we didn't have all the money on us. My husband in his excitement forgot to check everything out before handing over the money. When we got home the receipt said the correct main part but with a different setting than the junkyard salesperson and my husband had talked about. My husband did not officially sign anything. The receipt just has the part description with the total amt, amt paid, and amt owed. Can we get our deposit back? Are we entitled to pay the rest? Thanks for any advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">