• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jurisdiction for suit involving a former corporate officer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jimq

FL

There is a corporation set up in FL as a shell by a canadian company X, its official address information is that of company X in canada. The key principals were also officers of the canadian company X.

The shell corp. still owes me money on an unsecured promissory note for an asset they controlled. This year, the asset was transferred to the parent company X. The principal officers resigned from the shell but remain with X in Canada.

The parent company X currently holds title to the asset, and its CFO claims that the shell is unable to pay the debt, and that X is neither obligated to pay nor to return title to the asset.

Can I sue the former CEO of the shell corporation in FL, since he was responsible in that jurisdiction at the time of sale and for the fraudulent transfer of assets?

Can I do so even if they try to retroactively disband the shell entirely?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">