• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Karate Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mary j jones

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Is there anyway to get out of a contract for karate classes? The contract is up on 12/4/03, but that still leaves us with months of payments. They will not cancel the contract for any reason except medical, or a move of more than 25 miles. If I just stop paying, I realize it will go into collections. Is there anyway to negociate a settlement with them? Also, the contract is dated as expiring on 12/4/03 but the last payment is due on 12/15/03, will I be expected to pay a payment after the contract has expired?

Thanks
Mary

djohnson

If your contract states the final payment due then, then you will be responsible for it. I don't see no way out of this contract except what you stated and those don't seem to apply to you. They can send to collections, sue, get judgement, garnish wages, and etc.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">